Sunday, April 09, 2006

Rana Rooie


I came home for this weekend. Middlesboro, KY.

I've missed
Rina so much. Today we just chilled. It was a good day, one of the ones I like most. We rented a movie (Shrek 2) and dyed Easter eggs. I love doing that simple stuff. I think if you can't do things like that, then you're not living.

It's a week before Easter, and it didn't even matter. We just wanted to.


I'd never taped an egg before today. We usually just did the typical double dips and wax writings. I remember my uncle teaching me that when I was really young at my grandmother's house. He was my youngest uncle, and that's one of the few memories I have of him.

I don't know if it's me or not, but the smell of vinegar always reminds me of Easter eggs, it was fun being able to share that with Rina.

Rina made some of the coolest decorations. She said her mom can make master pieces with eggs. I thought that was kind of cool, because Rina is so much like her mom. She didn't even realize that she was recreating what her mom had taught her.

All in all, I don't know how college can be so fun and me still feel so bad. I want to be home so much, and I want to see her all the time. I hope next semester is different with her only being 30-45 minutes away. She's going to Centre. I'm so proud of her. Not just for getting her scholarship and into such a good school, but mostly just for being such a good hearted person.

One who wants to buy movie candy and rent a movie for a dollar so we can come back and cuddle up on the couch and just forget about everything else for a while. One who appreciates everything I do. Somebody who doesn't care to tell me when she thinks I should do something different from how I'm doing it. One who doesn't care to be herself.

Honestly, I love her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home