Friday, June 02, 2006

For Promotional Use Only

I was a lucky school boy yesterday.

I walked into the Kernel because I had no where to go in Lex Vegas. My apartment wouldn't be ready for me to move in for another two hours. So I just cleaned up the photo department and revised our photographer list (as we had two new photogs).

Crystal Little (summer editor of the Kernel) asked me if I liked the Chili Peppers...

"Sheah!"


She gave me the new album. The one I rated as being freaking fantastic. I all ready had it, but I thought I could easily find someone else who would enjoy it half as much as I do (which is still 100%).

After this she told me to come look at what else she had, because there were a ton of albums she was about to, dare I say it...toss!

(The features section gets free albums sent to them by the artist's record labels in hopes that we will write good things about their album, and encourage purchases.)

I gained so many good albums yesterday. Even if they weren't things that I was interested in, there were so many good bands that I had not heard of.

Some of the most striking albums were:
  • RHCP - Stadium Arcadium *
  • Snow Patrol - Eyes Open *
  • Drag the River - It's Crazy
  • Men Women & Children *
  • Less Than Jake - in with the out crowd
  • Edwin McCain - Lost in America *
  • The Flaming Lips - at WAR with the Mystics *
  • The Trust
  • Moth - Immune to Gravity *
  • MercyMe
  • Ashton Allen - Dew Drops
* first impression was an amazing album, which stands out from the heaping amount of random albums laying accross my floor.

So I decided as a tribute to the albums, I will do at least a review of these albums listed, and probably a few more. Why not promote these bands, eh? After all, it is their company's will to sell and promote that I received all their albums for free!

So sit back, and prepare for what is to come! Awesomeness.

If nothing else I expect all of you to download the one recommended song I give from each album. If you refuse, you're basically wasting your ability to hear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home